Pagina's

Monday, 23 March 2015

My Silver Jewellery Are Changing Colour

I love buying jewellery. I’m a silver lover. I think silver fits me better, but I own some gold jewellery too. But of course most of them are not real silver and real gold. Now I have the problem that the silver colour, after some time, is turning into an ugly rust colour. And I had no idea what to do about it. And now one of my favourite necklaces is ruined because of the colour changing. Which I truly hate because I paid for it (of course) and now it’s ugly and I’m not going to wear it anymore.

In this photo you cannot see the colour difference very well. But when I wear it it's very visible that it's an ugly necklace now.

I was searching on the internet to solve the problem. But I couldn’t find a solution to get my necklace silver again. But what I did found was to prevent my jewellery from changing colour. It’s super easy and from now on I’m going to do that for every “fake” silver or gold jewellery that I buy. Because my rings would change colour too from silver to an ugly colour or my fingers turned green(!) Have you ever had that too?!? That is also not very good looking. And internet said that all I have to do is buy a colourless nail varnish. If I give my jewelry a little bit of nail varnish that they cannot change colour or make my fingers turn green!

Here I'm also too late with nail varnish and this ring started to get the rust colour too
The ring in the picture is painted with nail varnish and I can’t see the nail varnish sticking on it so that's good. Now I hope my jewellery is not changing colours anymore... It’s sad that my favourite necklace is ruined but for the next time I will definitely do this in hope to prevent it from changing colour. Do you have the same problem and do you have other solutions to prevent you jewelry from turning into a different colour? Please let me know what you do about it! I can use some extra advise.

Xx Rianne

4 comments:

  1. I know there is a jewelery store, Butterfly Silver, and they sell this special. cloth and liquid that cleans the silver. The reason that the silver usually changes colour is because it has build up of dust on it. You can probably ask jewelery stores for similar things. Hope this helps :)
    x noirbeanie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Only I think that is for real silver jewelery not for these fake little accessoiries I bought in a cheep store. But I try it. Maybe it does work for fake silver accessoires too.

      Xx Rianne

      Delete
  2. This happened to my jewellery too. I learned that trick way too late to save all of my necklaces but I wear them anyway hehe I don't know any other tricks :/


    Pink Demure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me it was to late for some accessoiries but not everything is ruined. I still wear the rings but I'm so sad about my necklace that I don't wear it anymore...

      Xx Rianne

      Delete