Pagina's

Monday, 11 January 2016

Super Healthy Food

Last Thursday we had breakfast at my internship. A new year’s breakfast. And I love breadfast so I was very happy with this idea! We all had to bring something with us and I wasn't sure what I would bring. After a long long time I decided that I would buy 'duivekater'. A sort of bread but then way better, softer and tastier than normal bread. I can't really explain it but when you visit Holland come to Zaandam. That's where the bread is originally from. I bought the bread in the grocery store (actually my mum did because I had no time to do the shopping, thanks mum!!) and I had three different sorts of chocolate sprinkles with me (mini sized packages so cute) and also mini sized jam.


This is not very healthy. It's delicious but for someone that tries to be healthier wouldn't choose this.
Now the fun thing comes: everybody, well almost everybody, baked or bought something healthy. And so, there were almost only healthy things. And of course I tried out a lot of low sugar and healthy snacks and food. I thought it wouldn't taste good because there was no sugar in (most of) the food. But it didn't taste as bad as I expected. I expected things to be dry or something but that wasn't true! I would never choose it myself but now I had to chance to eat this I did! There were oatmeal cupcakes, low sugar sweets (I don’t know exactly what it was. But I liked them!), some kind of special yoghurt with fruit and cupcakes which were filled with olived and feta and more vegetables. I tried almost everything but there was so much I couldn't eat it all. I skipped the special bread, yoghurt (I did eat the fruit though) and the olives cupcakes I tried out in the afternoon when we did round two because there was so much left!

But there was one thing that I deeply hoped I would like but turned out to be so gross. It was a sort of smoothie green drink. It was so green that I thought: I must like this, this is über healthy and I always see bloggers and foodies drinking it. So I choose the green drink and drank it. Sadly it was the most disgusting drank I've ever tasted in my mouth. I don't know what it was, but it was definitly not my favourite... There were so much vegetables thrown into that bottle that it didn't really smelled good.
And the thing is: I do like cucumber. Broccoli is not my favourite but I don't hate it. Avocado I eat regularly. ‘Venkel’ I hate. And I love Spinach. I just don’t like it all together in a bottle… (There were more ingredients but I don’t remember them) I quickly grabbed my orange juice and drank that instead. No green drinks for me. :( Although I hoped I would like it just as much as the other healthy cupcakes and stuff.

So that morning was actually my first experience with a lot of super healthy food.
I never ate it because I don’t feel like I have to do it. My motto for food is: The moment my jeans gets a little too tight, I know what time it is: time to think about what I eat and not putting everything that I can eat in my mouth. And I have to move a little more.

I know I like low sugar food, but I'd rather eat a normal cupcake than one stuffed with olives and feta and drink a normal glass of milk instead of a green juice. I just like to watch all the healthy things on Instagram, but for now I won't be eating anything special that has the label 'super' healthy.


Xx Rianne

2 comments:

  1. As long as your not only living off of fries and sugary stuff, you don't need to worry too much about eating super healthy. At least that's my opinion ;)

    If you're feeling generous, check out my blog and follow if you like what you're reading ;)

    Kawellkasell.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you! I believe that that is the key. Sometimes sweets but also normal food. Nothing extreme. Not super healthy food not super sweet or fat food!

      Thanks for visiting my blog. I visited your blog also and it looked very nice!

      Xx Erika Rianne

      Delete