Pagina's

Tuesday, 15 March 2016

Formula 10.0.6 Blemish Care & Skin-Clarifying Mud Mask Review

Lately I was in Kruidvat and found products I had never seen before. I’m not familiar with Formula 10.0.6. Have you ever heard of it? I didn’t. But I was searching for a new facemask because my dr. van der Hoog facial mud mask was empty and I really needed a new one. I actually wanted to buy that dr. van der Hoog mask again. But then my eye fell on this cute pink package with huge letters. I immediately picked it up and read what it was and thought: I’m going buy it. Also because the price was very low. I don’t remember it exactly but I think it was even below €5,-. So that’s a good prize.


I also saw that they had a cleanser and some nose strips for clogged pores and a gel for blemishes. At that moment I had a huge spot break out. And had a lot of red skin and because I can’t help myself but pick at the spots my skin... So I also gave the gel a try. I truly hate those strips, so that was a no go for me. And I already own a really good cleanser of Benefit so I didn't buy that one either. (See the review of Benefit here.)

The mask is what I’m going to talk about first. The mask helps clogged pores get clean. And you know I’m obsesses with pores to try to get them as clean as possible. So when I bought it I immediately tried it on. The mask is white and has no colour which makes me look like a funny spooky girl. The smell is very soft and not too overwhelming. I’ve had some mask that smelled like chocolate or something very sweet. I got sick in those 15 minutes of wearing the mask because of the strong smell. So the scent is a plus about this mask. 



After I had put it on my face, the mask started to ‘burn’ around my nostrils. I didn’t put it in my nose but around it and it really hurt so I quickly removed the mask around my nostrils. I also felt a sort of burn all around my face. But it didn’t hurt me as bad as around my nose. So I think this mask is kind of aggressive. But after I cleaned my face in the shower my face felt so fresh and felt like it was breathing again. So that was really good. I still don’t like that burning feeling so I’m not going to use it more often. I tried it twice and it’s just not comfortable when a facemask sort of burns your face. I always want to relax when I’ve put mask on, but with this one I can’t really relax because I keep thinking of the pain. So this mask may be cleaning very well, but it burns. So I don’t use this mask anymore.

The blemish gel is something I feel like I can’t really judge. Your skin never create two blemishes, at the exact same time, just as big as each other and completely comparable to each other. So I couldn’t really try to put the gel on one blemish and not on the other and see if it would disappear faster or not than the other. So I just like to believe that my blemishes disappeared faster. It looked like it. But maybe that was because I was extremely focused on the blemish disappearing process.
But I feel like it worked and that makes me happy.



Also, the gel is very thin. Normally when I think of gel I think of a thick substance. But this is actually very thin. The moment I opened the tube the gel run out of it. I didn’t had to squeeze to get the gel out. So they should definitely work on that. Every time I use the gel I have way too much on my finger. But I really liked the substance. It is sort of cold when you put it on your skin and then you have to rub it in your skin till the gel is gone.
They say only use it once or twice a day. When I have a blemish I use it twice a day. At the moment I don’t have big red problem areas on my face so I only use a little bit once a day on the little red problem areas.

Xx Rianne

No comments:

Post a Comment