Pagina's

Friday, 3 March 2017

Movie Review: Demain Tout Commence (An Emotional Rollercoaster)

Wanna go an emotional rollercoaster movie? Then I think demain tout commence is the perfect film.


Two weeks ago my friend called me and said: let’s go to the cinema. And I never say no. (she nows that!) so we went looking and we had this little problem. Not many movies were in the cinema that we actually liked. I mean, we’re dying to see Beauty and the Beast but that movie releases March 27th here in the Netherlands.

But we went looking and we decided to go to Demain Tout Commence. A french movie. We knew the leading actor. He’s very good in Intouchable. A lovely movie that you really have to see!

So we went and we had no idea what to expect. Of course we read a little summary. And when the  movie started it was like a dream. The story was beautiful.
The story is about a guy that suddenly gets his child pushed in his arms and the girl who is the mom runs of leaving the two behind. Samuel is going to try and find who the mother is of the little baby Gloria because he is not ready to raise a child.

He goes to London because he recognised something from the moms facebook picture. Lots of funny situations further Samuel decides to take a job as a stuntman in London and he’s going to raise his daughter. And then you get to see Gloria growing up in timelaps. So much joy!

And then the story continues when Gloria has to go to school but never attends. Samuel takes her with him to the moviesets because he doesn’t speak English and his daughter speaks French and English and works as a translater for him.

Then the mother comes back and takes Samuel to court because she also wants to be a mum to Gloria. The fights about the child, the child that doesn’t understand. It gives lots of wonderful moments of joy but also lots of moment where I was quickly wiping away tears from the corner of my eye because of the pain the father is put through, how painful life can be.

And than the end. The whole movie you wonder why Gloria has such an awesome room. She has a slide down to the livingroom. A wall full of lego made in a worldmap, a little door in which she enters the house. I mean, I dreamt as little kid of a room like that! Samuel is making Gloria live the childrens dreamlife. Lots of fun, no restrictions and barely school. But in the end you understand why. I’m not going to tell you what it is. But this was one of the biggest plot twists in movies I had ever seen that made me cry.

When the movie was over, I looked at my friend, she looked at me and then we both looked away because we were both crying. We just wanted to know if the other one was crying too.

Really this movie is a very good one. Like I said, an emotional rollercoaster because it has humor, fun, pain, family and reality in it!
Go and see it for yourself!


Xx Rianne

No comments:

Post a Comment