Pagina's

Monday, 27 March 2017

Story Time: My Very First Nail Polish

When I was cleaning out my nail polish collection I found a really old, barely readable, dried out pearly pink nail polish bottle. This – my fellow readers- was my very first nail polish.


Me and my sister did (and still do) a lot together. And when we were younger we decided that we were old enough to buy our very first nail polish. We always had to ask for our mothers nail polish and we decided that we needed our own stash. So we went to 'De Kruidvat' (something like Boots) and tested several colours. We wanted a colour that was neutral, that could fit many outfits and didn’t stand out too much. And so we decided to buy this beauty...

Neither of us worked yet and we only got some pocket money. So we split te price. We probably had to pay something like 1,50 each. But it was a sacrifise. 1,5 week helping my mum with cleaning out the dishwasher and setting the table.. I mean, that’s a lot of work when you’re younger! ;)
But I remember how cool I felt when I bought this bottle. I was so proud! And when we got home we both polished our nails. It was sugary pearly pink and we did our best to polish our nails as neat as possible. 


And that was the start of my nail polish collection. At this moment I’m not allowed to wear nail polish at work, so I barely polish my nails anymore. But I’m still so proud about this moment and I will never throw away this pink dried out bottle of nail polish. I’ve thrown many bottles away but this one is very special to me.

Sadly I haven’t noted this moment in my diary.. At least, I couldn’t find it in all the stories that are written in there. But I think it was at least 10 years ago. When we just moved from Monster (yes, that’s a real place in The Netherlands) to Noord-Scharwoude. I think it could be possible that it was the same year that I secretly wore mascara to school and that my mom found out during lunch. She made me wash it off because I was too young for make up! So I must be around the age of 10 or 11! (By the way, I took my sisters mascara because I, of course, didn’t own one myself...)

So this is my memorie of my very first beauty product bought by myself -and sister-. Do you remember what beauty product you bought? Let me know in the comments below!

Xx Rianne

<a href="https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13323131/?claim=df2kz5vx5xe">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

4 comments:

  1. Hey Rianne!

    Wat grappig joh, ik wist helemaal niet dat jij ook aan het bloggen was! En dan ook nog eens in het Engels, mijn complimenten.

    Ik moest heel diep denken wat mijn allereerste make-up aankoop was... Ik denk dat het een doorzichtige lipgloss van Essence was.

    Ik ga je volgen!

    Liefs,
    Célina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heey!

      Hahaha, dank je wel! ;)
      De doorzichtige lipgloss van essence heb ik volgens mij toen ook ooit gekocht! Mooi shiny was die.

      Xx

      Delete
  2. Really nice and informative blog, keep it up buddy…Thanks for sharing.Beauty Tips

    ReplyDelete